For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Hypnotherapy in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, contact Martin Lancaster Hypnotherapy. With much experience of helping clients with this debilitating issue, I can help you to take back control and live life to the full again.
What is O.C.D?
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is an Anxiety Disorder with two essential characteristics:
- Persistent, recurrent thoughts, ideas, images and feelings that can be seen as intrusive and senseless. This is the Obsessive component.
- Repetitive and ritualised behaviour that the individual feels compelled to carry out in order to prevent the obsessive thoughts and associated discomfort. This is the Compulsive component.
- Attempts to resist the compulsive behaviour cause mounting tension that is relieved by submitting to the compulsion.
The obsessional thoughts and/or compulsive behaviours may be time consuming, or may cause significant emotional distress or impairment to normal way of life. The individual usually recognises that the obsessive compulsive behaviour is unreasonable and excessive, but is powerless to stop it. It can be secretive and hidden from even those close to the individual.
There are many potential behaviours, though the most common are;
- Washing; a fear of contamination, leading to ritual cleaning
- Checking; repeatedly checking door lock or lights etc.
- Repeating; touching objects repeatedly in a certain way, repeating words, numbers or prayers.
- Ordering; arranging objects in a specific way according to a set of percieved rules.
These are practiced in order to prevent a perceived disaster or dreaded event from occuring.
How can Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Hypnotherapy help?
It could be said that the basis of O.C.D is a consciously unrecognisable element of a past trauma or significant emotional event, that cannot be accessed in a normal waking state, but is easily accessed in a trance or dream state, in a comfortable and secure way.
These disorders yield successfully to Hypnotherapy which seeks to reintegrate this component of the personality.
The habitual element is the dealt with easily and quickly, and the issue subsides, usually in four to five session.
Sound scary? It really isn’t. All you have to do is relax!
Contact me for a free, no obligation, totally confidential consultation.